Fried rice is a very economical and easy meal to prepare. Its a great way to get loads of vegetables into your diet. This recipe is low fat and a good source of protein.
Energy per 100g: 404kJ - 96Cal
Fat per 100g: 2.0g
This recipe serves 4.
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. crushed ginger (we used from a jar)
1 medium onion, finely sliced
1 sticks celery, finely chopped
½ red capsicum, finely diced
1 carrot, peeled and chopped
½ can corn kernels, drained
½ Zucchini (aka corgette), chopped
3 cups cooked Jasmine rice
8 button mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons Kecap Manis
3 tbsp. soy sauce, light
2 tbsp. oyster sauce
2 tbsp. low fat milk
- Heat wok or large frying pan over medium heat. Add oil and onion and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add carrot, celery, zucchini, ginger and capsicum and saute for 5 mins.
- Pour a little light soy over veg.
- Mix egg and milk in a small bowl, beat with fork and add to pan. Keep stirring as the egg cooks.
- Add corn and mushrroms, keep stirring.
- Combine rice & drizzle all the sauces over the mixture and keep stirring until all incorporated.
- Season with some cracked pepper.
- Serve immediately.
More Recipe here....