Pasta with Bolognese sauce is a match made in heaven and this Macoroni Bolognese recipe is no exception to that rule.The macoroni pasta gives this dish a wonderful texture and because it's baked, the flavours of the sauce are enhanced and 'fused' onto each piece of the pasta. If you love pasta and cheese but are trying to cut down the fat in your diet, you've found a winner in this great recipe.
One serve of this recipe represents 14% of the recommended daily energy intake of an average person.
Recipe by weightloss.com.au
This recipe is low fat and a good source of protein.
Energy per 100g:
348kJ - 83Cal
Fat per 100g:
This recipe serves 4.
200g Mince (beef or pork)
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 can tomatoes, diced
2 tsp. garlic, crushed
2 tsp. mixed Italian herbs
1 tsp. brown sugar
1 cup beef stock
2 tbsp. tomato paste
2 cups dried macaroni
1 loose cup low fat tasty cheese
- In a medium sized pot, bring water to boil then add macaroni. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until half cooked. Drain and let sit until ready.
- Preheat oven 170C.
- In a medium pot heat oil on med heat. Sauté onion for 5-10 mins, you want translucent no colour so turn down heat if you see colour.
- Add mince, and cook stirring to ensure the mince has browned; this should take around 5-8 minutes. Make sure you separate the mince; keep breaking it up with your wooden spoon.
- Now add stock and then add canned tomatoes. Sprinkle herbs, sugar, garlic, pepper. Turn down heat to a simmer for 5 minutes, stirring. Add tomato paste.
- Run pasta under water to separate. Add to Bolognese mixture, stir.
- Divide mixture into 4 oven dishes, sprinkle with cheese and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with side salad.